LSD comes in liquid form and is applied to paper or pills and swallowed

LSD is an extremely powerful hallucinogen that was popular in the '60s and is becoming popular once again. It is an odorless and colorless chemically manufactured drug. Street names for the drug include acid, blotter acid, microdot, and white lightning, and the street name for the duration of the hallucinogenic effect or high is called a "trip."

Because LSD is so potent, the dosage needed for a trip is incredibly small. A microscopic drop of the drug can be put on paper, small gelatin squares, or any other absorbant material and ingested.

Anything that can be swallowed can be used as a carrier for LSD.

The hallucinogenic effect of LSD can last from two to twelve hours. During this time, judgment may be impaired, visual perception may seem distorted, and hallucinations may occur (the sense of reality may become highly distorted).

Physical effects of LSD include dilated pupils, elevated body temperature, high blood pressure, hallucinations, and a disoriented sense of direction, distance, and time. Bad trips can result in panic, paranoia, anxiety, loss of control, confusion, and psychosis. If your child is under the influence of LSD, he or she should be closely supervised so they do not harm themselves or others.

One possible side effect of LSD is called a "flashback". For several years after taking the drug, the hallucinogenic effect of the drug may reappear temporarily and without warning.
Back To Identification

[ Recursos en Español ]
[ site map ]

Your Safety | Enforcement | Identification | Drugs & Youth | Endangered Kids
Prevention | Treatment | Links | Media | Events | The Fight